Easy Vegan Chocolate
by Virgin Active on Tuesday 26 July 2022
5 min read
- 1 cup cocoa butter - chopped into small pieces
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder
- 6-8 tablespoons agave or maple syrup
- 1-2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon pink salt
- Add 1 inch of water into the bottom of a pot. Place a glass bowl on top to create a double boiler.
- Bring the pot to a simmer, then turn the heat down to medium-low.
- Add the cocoa butter into the bowl to melt. It takes about 5 minutes to fully melt.
- Whisk in the cocoa powder, agave or maple syrup, vanilla, and salt until fully incorporated. Be careful not to spill the hot chocolate. Wear an oven mitt to hold onto the bowl and stabilize it.
- Remove from the heat.
- Pour into moulds and then let the chocolate set, either on the counter at room temperature or in the fridge. It takes 1-2 hours to set in the fridge.
This recipe makes about 3 of the chocolate bar moulds. Alternatively, if you fill muffin cups about ⅓ of the way you can make about 12 chocolate cups.
6 min read
6 Ways to balance your life
5 min read
Baked salmon in Vietnamese rice paper rolls
3 min read
10 Healthy road trip snacks
Enjoying our blog?
Sign up to our newsletter to get updates on training, healthy living, news and events.